Thursday, May 2, 2013

Visiting Boylston Street Boston

Today I took the time after a meeting at school to walk down Boylston Street in Boston since it is now opened after the bombing and I wanted to pay my respects. I hadn't had a chance until today. I will say that at the site of the second bombing, you could not tell what happened. I saw a young girl crying as I approached the place where it happened. Nearby a tree was decorated with a sign and flowers. As I passed I sent out love and thoughts to those affected by the bombings. At the end of the street I had to stop due to a red light and a few seconds later I felt someone jostle my backpack lightly. I wasn't walking, nor was I shifting my weight or anything. I was standing behind a couple at the light, so I peered around and there was absolutely no one close to me.

I walk around with my backpack all the time and it never feels like it is jostling around unless someone bumps me. I've only owned it for around 8 years, so I know how it behaves pretty well at this point. My first thought was of those that were killed by the bombing, the blue eyed girl, the young boy and the BU grad student. I'm not sure what it was about, but something odd did happen at that moment. I sent out good vibes and told whomever it was that they needed to cross over and sent them white light. I didn't get any other feelings at all, but I kept thinking about those that died during the bombing.

After that happened, I proceeded to go up to the site of the first bombing and was surprised that other than a window being replaced and a building boarded up saying it would reopen soon, nothing else happened out of the ordinary. I simply wanted to pay my respects and I was a bit curious about how they were going to replace the windows in one of the damaged buildings, being an architecture student, it makes a bit of sense. A little exercise didn't hurt either.


No comments:

Post a Comment